Caleb Campbell is a dynamic keynote speaker, coach, and mental health advocate known for his authentic and transformational message on high-capacity leadership, whole-person success, and emotional well-being. In this episode, Caleb shares more about his story, childhood, and how he always had that itch to seek more in life.
We all tend to live adulthood as a reflection of our childhood, and Caleb’s story is no different. Ever since he was a young boy, he looked for his mom’s approval, and that eventually made him feel pressure to be the best in all areas of life. Growing up, he also felt the need to establish some boundaries for all his relationships – something we all can relate to.
Caleb talks about difficult moments when he used to feel self-hatred, disempowerment, and the need to sustain a happy external image when, in reality, he was falling apart inside. After identifying all these signs and red flags, Caleb sought therapeutic help, which changed his life and gave him new perspectives. With this guidance, he could choose himself over others and find inner rest.
- “Moving our life forward is not by doing more, is not by hustling more, is not by holding on tighter; it’s actually learning to let go.”
- “There is no healing without feeling safe. It’s hard to heal when you are living in an environment where you’re barely getting by.”
- “I was hating myself because I knew the way I was doing life was working against me.”
- Caleb always had the intuitive knowledge that there is more in life.
- Caleb started therapy to heal childhood wounds.
- The importance of boundaries and not carrying our parents’ burdens.
- Listen to your own intuition and listen to your own body.
- Caleb shares how he was able to recognize he needed therapy help.
- Choosing yourself instead of choosing others.
- Caleb details his connection with God and spirituality.
- Caleb’s final message: take the time to grieve whatever you need to.
- If something we engage with is not empowering us, it’s not worth it.
About Caleb Campbell
Caleb Campbell is a dynamic keynote speaker, coach, and mental health advocate known for his authentic and transformational message on high-capacity leadership, whole-person success, and emotional well-being.
In 2008, Caleb graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point and was commissioned as an officer in the United States Army. However, Caleb’s path took a unique turn as he was also selected in the 2008 NFL Draft making him the second player to ever be drafted out of West Point and the first player, under a new Department of Defense policy, given the permission to serve and play simultaneously. Little did he know at the time, but Caleb was about to fight his own inner battle and it would almost cost him his life.
Now, fueled by his personal journey and commitment to emotional wellness, Caleb is on a mission to inspire leaders to live and lead with authenticity and courage. Caleb’s life mission is to continually demonstrate how facing our fears, embracing change, and staying authentic will make us stronger, even in our weakest moments.
Connect with Caleb
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the BeaconProgram, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
LOTS of EXCITING stuff going on over at www.mollycarmel.com – enrollment for ALL IN INtensive Coaching is OPEN! Get the spots while you still can! 3 months of coaching, connection and guaranteed CHANGE! Sign up here – www.mollycarmel.com/all-in-intensive-coaching/
Our Forgiveness Fireside is on May 21st from 5-6:30 EST – sign up here: https://molly-carmel.mykajabi.com/offers/LtqgDB9E/checkout
There are also LOTS of other offerings – Fireside chats, intenSati classes all on mollycarmel.com
You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
Join my mailing list for a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/minimasterclass
Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!