To feel shame and fear for whatever reason is not an easy process. Both feelings are not simple feelings to live with, especially when we know what it feels like to live without them. But what to do when we feel sad, frustrated, and overwhelmed by something that happened to us, leading to feelings like shame and fear?
In this episode of What You’re Craving Podcast, Molly talks about a personal matter that has been very challenging for her. Molly shares how she has been responding to this situation, how she has been getting the help needed, and how she was confronted by an old version of her – a rebellious version – throughout this process.
When we worry too much about things we can’t control, we give our power away. We adopt a victim mentality that simply does not serve us or help to solve the problem. So the initial steps not to let shame and fear take over are: recognizing these feelings, not reacting to them immediately, and having compassion for yourself.
- “I was so busy screaming for everybody to help me that I stopped the behaviors that help myself.”
- “Sometimes I have to get really, really quiet in order to learn the lessons that I need to learn in this life.”
Michelle Shapiro, RD (michelleshapirord.com) – Functional Nutritionist
Wendy Swanson (wendyswanson.com) – Acupuncturist
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the BeaconProgram, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
- LOTS of EXCITING stuff going on over at mollycarmel.com – enrollment for ALL IN INtensive Coaching is OPEN! Get the spots while you still can! 3 months of coaching, connection, and guaranteed CHANGE! Sign up here: mollycarmel.com/all-in
- Come join us for the Fireside on SELF-FORGIVENESS on May 21st from 4 to 5:30 p.m. EST: molly-carmel.mykajabi.com/offers
- You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
- Join my mailing list for a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/minimasterclass
- Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!
- IG (I love a DM!): @mollycarmel
- YouTube: Molly Carmel
- TikTok: @realmollycarmel