Being vulnerable and sharing your struggles with other people not only is an important thing to do, it’s an act of courage. When these struggles are related with body image issues and weight loss, it’s even more courageous because there are shame and guilt involved in the process, and when they hit, they hit hard. That’s why it’s so valuable to be a part of a community that will hold you accountable during hard times.
In today’s episode of What You’re Craving Podcast, Molly welcomes Susan. Susan is a member of The Breaking up with Sugar Facebook Group and is walking the path of becoming the best version of herself by getting rid of the shame of being imperfect – which we all are. Molly unpacks Susan’s current struggles, highlighting that it doesn’t matter how many times we fall, it matters how many times we keep going.
• “The beauty of being alive is that we can rewrite the story, we can rewrite the idea that it’s bad to have feelings.” – Molly Carmel
• Susan tells a little bit of her past and her journey on weight loss and her struggles with body image;
• Support groups are extremely helpful but it’s important to have a system that helps us deal with hard moments on our own;
• Grief and sadness can sometimes be a big trigger for giving up on what we have achieved so far; It’s important to address that;
• Forgiveness and acceptance are practices that need to be worked on constantly;
• It’s easier and safer to be ‘smart’ and not share our struggles; Vulnerability is riskier and shielded by our comfort zone;
• If you keep falling off the wagon too much, maybe it’s time to check if your wagon isn’t too small;
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the Beacon Program, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
Facebook: Molly Carmel
YouTube: Molly Carmel
Free Mini Masterclass: mollycarmel.com/signup Breaking Up with Sugar Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook Monthly Group Coaching: mollycarmel.com/coaching-with-molly Weekly IntenSati Spiritual Fitness Class: mollycarmel.com/intensati
Enter your name and email below to receive your FREE access to this mini masterclass and learn the 3 steps you can take right now!
Plus, you’ll receive Molly’s weekly Love Letter full of skills, strategies, and relatable stories and other goodies to help you on your journey!
*When you submit your name and email, you agree to receive marketing messages and updates from Molly Carmel. You can unsubscribe at any time.