Join this week’s episode as Molly talks about how women can break free from the unrealistic beauty standards imposed by diet culture. Women of all ages suffer every day, trying to achieve unrealistic goals. These goals are not their own; they result from decades and decades of what society thinks is right.
During this process, we start to feel guilt, frustration, and a sense of hatred for our own bodies. We tend to hold on to the wrong beliefs – and the crazy diets. How do we break free from this cycle? How do we drop the scarcity mentality and embrace the part of us that wants to heal? How do we stop believing in a culture so ingrained in our minds?
If you don’t have answers to these questions, this episode is for you. It’s time to regain control of your own self-worth and self-esteem. Healing takes courage, but believing you can is the most important first step.
- “We are really stuck in this abusive relationship with diet culture, that is draining all of our energy.”
- “Choice is the most powerful tool around. We choose to forgive, we choose to get out of this relationship… imperfectly, but we do it.”
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the BeaconProgram, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
- LOTS of EXCITING stuff going on over at mollycarmel.com
- You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
- Join my mailing list for a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/minimasterclass
- Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!