Are you struggling to break free from your addiction to food? Do you turn to food as a coping mechanism during tough times? In this episode of What You’re Craving, Molly chats with Felicia, a current member of the Breaking Up with Sugar community and the All In Intensive coaching group. Felicia is a fighter and survivor of trauma who shares her inspiring story of transformation and regaining control of her life.
For years, Felicia battled with her weight and tried various diets, including intermittent fasting, Weight Watchers, and low-carb approaches, but nothing seemed to work. She realized that food had become her go-to coping skill when the world felt out of control. Even when she tried to fix things with a relationship, her food issues worsened. Feeling suicidal, desperate, and with children to care for, Felicia knew she had to make a change. She borrowed money from a friend and joined the All In program, where she learned to set self-determined goals and embrace a beginner’s mindset, despite her initial resistance.
Through the guidance and support of the All In community and her coach, Molly, Felicia was able to redefine herself and begin to let go of the shame and guilt she felt about her addiction. Although Felicia acknowledges that her journey has not been without its challenges, she is now 66 days without sugar or flour and has seen a significant improvement in her blood sugar levels. Felicia plans to continue her growth journey by taking another round of the All In coaching program.
If you’re struggling with food addiction and feel like it’s controlling your life, this episode is for you. Felicia’s story offers inspiration and hope that transformation is possible with the help of a supportive community and a willingness to embrace change. Whether you’re considering coaching or joining a support group, don’t miss out on this powerful episode of What You’re Craving.
- The role of grief and shame in Felicia’s journey
- Felicia’s story of joining Breaking Up With Sugar & All In
- Tools Felicia used to stop self-harm
- Addressing cognitive distortions and qualifying the positives
- The All In community’s role in helping Felicia make positive choices
- How Felicia was able to finally embrace a beginner’s mindset
- Felicia talks about her goals for forgiveness and redefining herself
- Felicia talks about Feelings vs. Facts
- “Recovery is not linear, but my brain wants it to be linear so when it’s not linear, it turns lemonade back into lemons.”
- “Everybody needs that person that believes in you when you don’t believe in yourself.”
- “I have tools. Having tools isn’t my problem. The problem is when I get dysregulated, I forget the tool box even exists… Why am I okay today? It’s because I used all of my tools and I had a huge support network that All In allowed me to build. I just needed somebody I trusted to tell me it was going to be okay.”
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the Beacon Program, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly:
LOTS of EXCITING stuff going on over at mollycarmel.com – enrollment for ALL IN INtensive Coaching is OPEN! Get the spots while you still can! 3 months of coaching, connection and guaranteed CHANGE! Sign up here – mollycarmel.com/all-in-intensive-coaching/
There are also LOTS of other offerings – Fireside chats, intenSati classes all on mollycarmel.com
You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
Join my mailing list for a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/minimasterclass
Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!
IG (I love a DM!): @mollycarmel
YouTube: Molly Carmel