In this episode of What You’re Craving, you will listen to Leanne’s story and her journey so far. Molly and Leanne talk a lot about the idea of being honest with the people around us, such as our friends and family who are supportive of our journey. When we are on a mission to quit an addiction – especially food addiction – we think that sharing our struggles with others will make them leave. Leanne is living proof that is not the case.
It is important to be open with people we trust. But it is also essential to tell the truth to people you know will accept it, no matter what. On another topic, Leanne talks about the importance of having a community, a group of people she can trust – like the Breaking Up with Sugar group.
- “I went to the group, I did the homework, I listened, and read, and really immersed myself in it but at the same time I realized that was this part of me that was just hanging on for dear life to my previous ways.”
- “If we are trying to establish safety and if you were to drop a bunch of weight like you would do on a quick-fix diet, I would actually think that would be rather disorienting. If you think about the weight as a shield.”
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the BeaconProgram, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
- LOTS of EXCITING stuff going on over at mollycarmel.com
- Join my mailing list for info (+ discount!) on our SELF LOVE CAMP coming in August, my Sunday Love Letter, and a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/signup
- You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
- Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!