In this episode of What You’re Craving, Molly welcomes back Felicia from the Breaking Up with Sugar Community. She shares her current struggles in healing her relationship with food at the same time she is being treated for cancer. According to Felicia, the community has been helpful, with people caring for and checking up on her.
Felicia also shares that on numerous occasions, people would offer her solutions to help her quit the addiction, but she explains it does not work like that. An addicted person often thinks that what works for others will not work for them because they are “beyond that point”. Or they are too afraid that that specific solution will, in fact, work, so they back away.
In addition, Felicia shares more about the obstacles of someone treating cancer and treating addiction at the same time. She explains that it is common to feel like you “have the right” to give in to random cravings just because you are going through tough times. However, she encourages people that may feel this way to not give up.
- “I haven’t had a chance to really have this big, beautiful life without the food in the way. And I want that for myself.”
- “The truth is life is going to happen – the good stuff and the bad stuff – and it is going to pass. And the reality is as long as I am breathing, and I take another breath, and I stay sugar and flour free, I have an opportunity to be a participant in my own life. I don’t have to be a victim.”
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the BeaconProgram, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
- Come join us at CAMP SELF CARE, beginning August 16th – visit mollycarmel.com/camp-self-care for more info!
- Join my mailing list for info (+ discount!) on our SELF LOVE CAMP coming in August, my Sunday Love Letter, and a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/signup
- You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
- Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!