If you are in the process of healing your relationship with food, you might have periodic thoughts that say: “Why is this taking so long?” or “Why don’t I feel better yet?” These are all valid questions, but there is this misconception that we won’t feel good until we reach the finish line. There is no finish line. Healing your relationship with food – or whatever you are working on – is a journey, and you need to start enjoying it.
In this solo episode of What You’re Craving, Molly encourages you to quit the impatience and let go of these racing, unsafe thoughts. These thoughts are provoked by perfectionism, are rooted in fear, and reflect what might not have worked in the past.
Molly shares a few tips to overcome these beliefs: practice gratitude and be thankful for the good little things you have in life and how far you have come. Be of service to others who are also going through tough times and have their own battles to overcome. Accept that these overwhelming thoughts are just thoughts.
- “When you’re trying to make a big change, history suggests that you’re not going to do it. Unfortunate truth: the best indicator of future performance is past performance.”
- “Whatever it is you’re struggling with, you’re in a relationship with it.”
About Molly Carmel
Molly is a leading addiction and eating disorder therapist and the founder of the BeaconProgram, which offers individual and group solutions to help people break free from their destructive relationships with food and dieting. She is also the author of ‘Breaking up with Sugar’ and the host of ‘What You’re Craving’ Podcast.
Connect with Molly
- Sign up for CAMP SELF CARE – find what may be the missing link for you to be living the life you deserve – learn more at: mollycarmel.com/camp-self-care
- Join my mailing list for info (+ discount!) on our SELF LOVE CAMP coming in August, my Sunday Love Letter, and a free mini masterclass: mollycarmel.com/signup
- You can purchase the Breaking Up with Sugar course here: mollycarmel.com/buws
- Become a part of the Breaking Up with Sugar FB Group: facebook.com/groups/buwsbook
Come hang with me on social media!